Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Leaned something new!! =]

So I was at my regular day, at work. A customer wanted something ghat needed to be cutter. So I took the scissors and cut it. While cutting, the scissors wasn't sharp enough, but it was cut-able. After the customer paid and went away, I went to sharpen the scissors. It was my first time!! I ask my dad for guidance and he guided me. I didn't follow exactly though. So I went to the bathroom, took the block of thingy and started to sharpen the scissors. When I was done, I tested in some papers and it cutted okay. And there was this other pair of scissors, so I grabbed it and did the exact same thing. By then, I was already starting to sweat. But finished it, tested it and was done with it. Later on, my mom took it and cut something, but it didn't work!!! I was like, WHAT??!

So I took the scissors again and remembered what my dad said, and I did partly of that. Cause' I was tired from all the movement, back and forth, back and forth..repeatedly. After the second time, I again tested it again, it was bad. But still I asked my dad to check. And he said, nope, not good. Very bad. And again he told me how it should had been done. So then I went in again and tried again, back and forth, back and forth. Then I let my dad check. And he said I ruined the scissors. And he said to put it somewhere and that he will fix I later or some other time.

So regardless of how tired I was, my goal was to finish what I started instead of doing something and letting others pick up from there.. Again, I took the scissors back in the bathroom and did it with my best effort, and applying more pressure in it. I was sweating, tired and exhausted. In total, I've been doing the exact thing for an hour plus!! But still I continued. When I wad done this time, I tested it, my dad tested it and it was cut-able and better than before. I mean, it was just my first time doing something completely new to me.

Fro this, I learned to listen more to my parents and to never give up. Even if yor think you can't, still try to, because that's where success comes.. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment