Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Finally!:- Laptop Getting Fixed! =D

     Finally my laptop is getting fixed. Its been so long. So let me tell you what happened to my PC. First, it kept shutting of itself for some reasons, then after months of trying to solve the problem through internet forums, HP online services and etc, it didn't work..Then there was this thing about vacuuming the PC fan to get rid of the dust. So I tried that, but from the outside it didn't work, so I took it apart and tried to get to the fan, the first time I did, I was scared so after halfway I putted it back together and there was a crack on the screen!! Shitt!! [Yea, stop laughing...=.="]

Then I just left it like that, formatted, restored the computer, but still didn't solve the problem, so one night I was tired of it and I took it full apart. Like FULLY... Here are some pictures..







Heh, I found it pretty cool till I got to this point, so I kept on going and going till I went to the fan, and woah! There was a huge chunk of dust there like 1 inch thick!! So I took it out and cleaned it, then put it all back together and unluckily there was a small cable that broke and it held an important role, so therefore my PC couldn't turn on. So then I sent it for repair and they gave me a quotation that was about RM 1700! So of course I was not gonna get it fixed. I wanted to but I didn't had the money, and my parents and my brother didn't have any to lend me. So then after weeks I finally took the first steep (proactive) and I called them and told them I don't want to repair it due to the money and etc, but then I also asked them that how much it cost for just the computer to work? And they said the cable broke which was right. And I asked and they said just the cable kit is just RM 200! That shocked me, then later I found out for the full repair the main expense was the LCD which was around RM 1200, and because the LCD broke just a little, like just an inch so I decided not to fix the LCD, because it was worth it. So I confirmed them to fix the keyboard, cable and etc for just RM 450. And that was it. I mean, who would be so dumb to fix the whole PC for RM 1700? You can freaking get a new one cheaper and wayyy better.

No comments:

Post a Comment