Thursday, April 14, 2011

Controlling Your Temper

     I always find this a big issue. Not just for me, but for a lot of people. They just seem to 'blow' all out of a sudden. You see, getting out your anger is a good thing, but it depends how you do it and in what way do you do it. I always have these problems with my parents, even my brother, but mainly my mom. I examined that many moms tend to keep on saying things and just won't stop. Well, it because they care about you and you can't deny that. But to us they are annoying.. right? Whenever they keep on talking and talking, they get deeper and deeper and it hurts your feelings more, and you just want to do something and make her stop.. right? [I have many friends who told me about this..] And the MOSTLY done thing to make them stop is to argue back and to raise your voice higher than theirs. Now this is where they say things like you don't respect them, you don't understand, immature, or just plain brainless. And in Stephen R. Covey's book on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, I find this book real interesting. Its says that lack of understanding is where most parents are a distance away from their child. In the book it says that when these kind of conflicts happens and happens all the time, we (children) just stop communication with our parents. Why? Its because if we told them what on our mind, they will lecture us IMMEDIATELY instead of understanding from our point of view. Or when they just tell them something wrong they did, their parents will have a lot of "I told you so's." And one main thing is, they don't probe. Like at all. Whenever one parent is talking to their child calmly and peacefully, and when there's like one bad thing that the dad/mom said, then the other parent would use that key and blab everything. Its like they don't even know the problem, and just gets in the way. Its just so annoying! Moving on, these are ways how I control my temper.

Positive Thinking:
     Yes, this might be a little obvious but positive thinking is effective, once you learn how to do it properly. For me, I think about all the good things. Like times that makes me happy. Or even this, you had had a relationship before right? Think about the sweet times when you and your ex were together. That alway helps. Or even think about yourself in your dream world. Spending all that cash, getting all those things you ever wanted, sitting in that limo. Everything, just think..

Anger Force OUT:
     Back in that days I came across this article with this method on how to release anger and it work greatly. It not only gets the anger out, but it helps you have a conscious mind. This is how you do it: You clench your fist, clench your teeth, you take a deep breath and hold it for 10 seconds. Just flex every muscle and hold it for 10 seconds, and when the 10 seconds is up, release and you will feel better. Works for me.. =]

Beat The Pillow:
     Yes, BEAT THE PILLOW! Pretend its whoever you wanna beat and beat that thing up. It won't hurt you hands, if won't hurt anyone, and it gets the anger out! This is the easiest one! =D

That is for now, I only have 3 methods.... Tell me others that you know of!! Let me know!! I need them!

Holding in your anger isn't good, it makes your heartbeat run fast, and might even get a heart attack if its fatal. So just get the anger out! =] Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment