Monday, May 2, 2011

My Feelings after watching "Love and Other Drugs."

     Just finished watching "Love and Other Drugs," starring Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal. Its a really good movie and I highly recommend it, but it have some scenes that aren't appropriate. (It could be cut, but since the directer left it that way, then so be it..) Its about this guys who keeps hitting on girls, he's a charm, and is pretty good in doing mostly everything, but not like 'really' good. I'm not trying to uplift myself here. But I can kind of relate to this film. I admit that I do most of the time hit on girls, a charm? I don't know.. you tell me. So I just recently got over my ex, like after 6 months. Wait, did you had to know that? ... Anyways, so this guy Jake, whose playing as Jamie in the movie met this one girl, whose Anne playing as Maggie, and his life completely changed. He does everything for Maggie. Its kind of like me. So previously when I was with my ex, I did everything for her. Well, I think I did since that the fact that I've never done it to anyone else. I would think about her all the time. School, work, hanging out with friends, studying, just all the time. I've always had the eagerness to see her so desperately when she was absent and since that her house was so close to the school, I've even thought about running away from school for a split second, run all the way to her house. Just to say 'Hi' and ask her if she's alright. I would save up money just to get her things, though I didn't get her a lot, but those things I bought killed me. I cared less about my needs just to try to get her to smile. Stupid? Probably you'll say that, and when that happens to you.. then you'll know... Its really sweet being in love, but probably its fate that we broke up. Or maybe we'll end up back together in the near/far future, I'll never know. Its all about fate. Okay, back to the movie, Jamie did those things. He said "I love you," to Maggie, which he never said to anyone in his life including his parents, brother and etc. Then the most shocking part is that when he was 'near' or having deep talks with Maggie his heart would pound fiercely. It was exactly like me, I would get all nervous, feeling like as it was almost a heart attack. And I would break away, go to the toilet or something and try to calm my heart down. But whenever I was back with her my heart would pound again.. Then till I watched this movie I got to a conclusion that this was the real love. But somehow we still broke up. Its kind of like she's the one for you, but you're not the one for her. Get what I mean? I remember her telling me, "If you love someone, set them free. If they love you, they'll come back." That is so true. In the movie Jamie gave up his career opportunity for this one girl Maggie. Since Maggie had Parkinson's, Jamie would go for med school, so he could somehow heal Maggie, or at least make her feel better. Ughh.. I don't even know what I'm blabbering here.. Anyways. . . whatever, I'm out.. =.="

No comments:

Post a Comment